Legal Question in Consumer Law in Florida

A few years ago I hired an attorney to get a judgment removed from my credit based on the fact that the 3rd party debt collector (he bought the debt) committed perjury and fraud in court. I lived in OH and he sued me in court in Lee County FL. I didn’t get serve any papers. I hired an OH attorney and he got as far as he could (and has all the documentation showing that this guy lied in court about me being served and aware of being sued) but my attorney was not licensed in FL. I have evidence to prove that he lied in court saying that he himself personally served me in OH (when in fact I have documentation proving that I was actually out of town the week he says he served me)…… plus there was no subpoena with my signature – I found out much later that it ended up being the sherriff serving my in laws- I didn’t get notice of any subpoena until after the supposed court hearing….. that I would have been unable to make it to Lee Co. FL for in the first place because of work. Now this guy has jacked up ALL kinds of fees and interest (approx 4 to 5 times what I orig owed the original creditor) and then wreaked havock on my credit score. This fraudulent 3rd party debtor guy is a poor excuse for an attorney and started his own creditor co. called Cavalier Corp in Tampa. I want the guy disbarred so he can’t do it to others which he more than likely has already

What are my options and can I file a relief of judgment to get this off my Credit Score and then hire an attorney to go after this scumbag. Do I have a case?

Asked on 5/29/13, 9:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA

Where in Florida were you living? If the case is not too old, you can look at the court file to see if service was obtained on you and whether it was proper. If it was improper or never achieved, you can move to set it aside. I have done that succefully many times. If you are in the south Florida area, I can help. If not, go to my website and find the link to NACA, a consumer organization, to find a consumer lawyer to jhelp you.

Read more
Answered on 5/29/13, 10:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Florida