Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

What court do I file with if my damages from a tenant exceed the $8K small claims court limit?

Asked on 6/19/20, 4:54 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

County Court is up to $50.000.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/20, 7:01 am

I don't mean to be cynical, but if you are not sure about this question, then you are probably going to encounter many questions much more complex than this one. I strongly recommend you consult with an attorney. Many will do a free initial consultation. Filing a lawsuit incorrectly and improperly following legal procedures may end up costing you more money. Landlord/Tenant law can be very tricky.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/20, 9:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida