Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

I have a judgment against me in 2000, I law firm who was handling the judgment no longer has the case and told me Wells Fargo has the file. I contact all departments in Wells Fargo and they said they do not have the case/file. It was for a repossessed vehicle and I live in Fl. I called Wells Fargo to try and settle the debt, but they keep telling me they no not have the file/case. I'm trying to buy a home and need help. Thanks

Asked on 11/14/13, 12:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Spoliansky Attorney Michael Spoliansky

It sounds like your main issue isn't the fact that you have a judgment against you, but that it is being reported as a negative on your credit report. Your best option is to either hire a credit repair company to challenge the credit bureaus to fix your credit, or to try to do it yourself. It may take 3 months to get it cleared once you submit the necessary paperwork to the bureaus, but if no one is there to claim it or report the validity of the judgment, it will likely be cleared up, your score will rise, and you will qualify for your loan.

Read more
Answered on 11/19/13, 4:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida