Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

We recieved a Motion for Judgement on the Pleadings and acceptance of garnishees answer. We have never been served had no knowldege of the judgement and now have 20 days to answer? they ahve taken money from a paycheck already. How can tehy be stopped?

Asked on 8/05/13, 7:54 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Junilla Sledziewski Statman, Harris & Eyrich

If you have not been properly served with a lawsuit or notice of writ of garnishment, you may have valid defenses to the case. Also, if you are head of your household, your wages might be exempt but the employer has no way of knowing this if you are not properly served and given the opportunity to alert the court of your exemptions. You should speak with an attorney, because it sounds like something was not done properly here.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/13, 8:04 am

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

A motion to vacate is required.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/13, 8:19 am
Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA


Read more
Answered on 8/05/13, 11:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida