Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

Do I have any recourse if the university I'm attending has refused to let me continue my education, because of an "over-awarded" amount from a previous student loan I've been repaying for 5 years now? The school never researched my financial aid eligibility when I enrolled last year, and now, I'm financially strapped for cash, and I can't get any loans without paying an astronomically high interest rate. They won't work with me in order to continue and have basically told me it's my problem. I did get confirmation from an employee in the financial aid dept who confirmed that they did "screw up" by not verifying. Doesn't that constitute gross negligence?

Asked on 8/18/09, 3:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sarah Grosse Sarah Grosse, Esquire

No. An oversight in this context does not constitute gross negligence.

Read more
Answered on 8/18/09, 8:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida