Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

The Sheriff's Dept. is trying to serve me foreclosure papers. The names they have listed are: 1. One party does not live here and has no interest in the property and 2. the name listed on the sheet they left me is incorrect. It is not my legal name. Do I have to accept these documents? What are the ramifications if I don't accept them?

Asked on 10/31/09, 1:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carol Lawson Carol A. Lawson, PA

If they left them with you they are already served. File a response within 20 days of service or they get a default judgment.

Read more
Answered on 11/05/09, 4:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida