Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

i am trying to get my taxas back for the year of 2016.and many years ago i did a joint tax return with my ex girlfriend,and now i was asked by the irs to show proof that i was never married.can you help me wit that

Asked on 12/07/17, 6:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

If you were not married, then you were not permitted to file a joint return. You and your ex will need to amend the return and file separately, most likely.

Read more
Answered on 12/07/17, 7:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida