Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

My wife received a registered letter from the Polk clerk of courts in Bartow Florida with a Notice of Recordation for a Foreign Judgement we had in 2008 that we knew nothing about and were never served personally. Do we have any recourse?

Asked on 11/26/21, 12:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Your recourse would be in the originating state via a motion to vacate based on improper service of process. There may be other grounds as well.

Read more
Answered on 11/26/21, 1:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida