Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

I was accused of a crime I did not commit, therefore there is no evidence of that crime. But at my trial, The evidence essential to my defense was supressed by the very public defender assigned to represent me. For example, I have ample evidence that my accuser lied to the police in his sworn statement, as well as the police incident report. It is only because of those lies that a summons was issued.

There are also three documents wherein my accuser admits that I committed no crime. And yet, let the State's Attorney paint a picure of me as an unstable, armed stalker. My PD lied to me. He

lied to the jury.

I was found guilty, even in the absence of a single shred of evidence. But because my PD did not challenge the lack of evidence, I was found guilty. I suspect he was compensated for betraying the trust of a client (me).

My PD must have underestimated me for he was sloppy and did not cover his tracks well. I can prove that he betrayed me. Iis the Florida Bar the only place to have him disciplined/disbarred?

Asked on 11/05/11, 3:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

Yes you can report him to the bar. However, the most important thing is that you exercise your right to appeal. Your PD must file the notice of appeal if you request it. There are strict time limits so do that and then you can deal with the bar.

Read more
Answered on 11/06/11, 3:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida