Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

When applying to have your record expunge do the state attorney where the charges where filed have to complete the section B on the form? Or can i have the state attorney in my county where i live?

Asked on 7/16/11, 12:31 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

You must get the state attorney in the county where the crime happened to sign off on any expungement. It's probably a good idea to have an attorney assist you with this.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/11, 1:49 pm
Karen Kilpatrick

Yes, you must send to the state attorney in the same county where your court case is located. Call them to see if they also need a certified disposition notice sent along with the application, many require a copy, some require the original, and others none at all.

Read more
Answered on 7/17/11, 12:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida