Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

If my company has reported cases of grand theft against a person (that has yet to be caught & arrested) and that person returns to the store, does not steal but causes damages in another attempt to steal, as the store's LP, can I legally detain that person for police?

Asked on 4/08/16, 11:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

Potentially you could but it would be much safer and smarter, for everyone involved to let your employer know immediately so that they can take action.

Read more
Answered on 4/08/16, 1:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida