Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

My cousin is an inmate at Land O lakes county jail (with a federal marshall hold). He has done federal time and was released in 2008. He has a current 24 months to serve for driving with a suspended license and then other charges for burglary and possession. These charges violated his federal release parole conditions from prior federal case, which is why he is on USM hold. Can he petition the courts to be sentenced federally or appear in a Federal court now? Rather than waiting for his sentence to be over in county? If so, how does he go about this?

Asked on 1/14/13, 12:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

Unfortunately, the feds will get to his case on their own time. If they decide to do his before his state case, then they will. Sometimes they do. The Federal court has NO authority over the state case and can't amend or do anything about that, and he will likely have to serve a consecutive sentence to his state case.

Read more
Answered on 1/14/13, 12:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida