Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

fake id

how do i reduce or have the charge

or possession of a fake id drop? i

didnt present the cop with the fake

first. he saw it in my wallet and he

asked to see it, so i gave it to him.

he then said i was arrested then

they searched my car and found

steroids in the trunk that arent

mine. i didnt give them consent to

search. what can i do?

Asked on 3/23/08, 3:00 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Nicolas Babinsky SealMyRecord.Com

Re: fake id

If a cop sees contraband in plain sight, he can investigate. He asked to see it not ordered to have it so once he determined it was fake he had grounds to arrest you and then search your car. If you were the only one in the car then you have a problem because you could be said to have exclusive possession of the steriods. If not the only one in the car and the steroids were in a place equally accessible by more than one person then the charges could be challenged. As long as you are not convicted (adjudicated guilty) then you can have the case sealed or expunged as long as you don't have any other cases in which you were convicted.

Good luck,

Nicolas Babinsky, Esq.


Read more
Answered on 3/23/08, 5:17 pm
Richard Hornsby Richard E. Hornsby, P.A.

Re: fake id

Let me start by saying that no case is just going to get dropped. You have some serious charges, in addition to the two felonies, you are looking at getting your real driver license revoked and possibility becoming a felon.

There are several search and seizure issues in your case. An attorney may be able to get the evidence suppressed.

With that in mind I would suggest you hire an attorney from your area. I see you are in Leon County. Feel free to call or email me and I will refer you to an excellent attorney in that area.

Read more
Answered on 3/24/08, 9:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida