Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

My friend commited a crime when she was 17 teen and recieved probation in brooklyn new york and she moved to florida and had her probation transferd to palm beach county.She is now 19 teen and violated her probation with a new charge in st. lucie county and ather her pleing guilty they gave her 1year sentace in st.lucie county jail.Now her case is closed here in florida a month later i checked st.lucie jail website and i seen that new york has a hold on her and its a probation warrant because her probation originally came on from new york..Now my question my is can they extradite her back to new york and give more time, or should i get a lawyer so they can get everything out the way and run her time current??

Asked on 7/02/13, 4:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

They can absolutely extradite her no matter how minor the NY charge may be. Now will they is another matter. However, one very important thing to understand is even if NY does not extradite (although chances are they will), it does not mean the warrant goes away. So until your friend goes to NY to take care of it or possibly hiring an attorney in NY to take care of it, that warrant will be there for the rest of your friend's life. In other words, make sure it is taken care of.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/13, 6:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida