Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

What happens if I leave town without permission from my PO and check myself into detox? I called to inform her in in detox and she said she’s putting out an ap on me. Should I leave rehab and return to my hometown?

Asked on 6/05/21, 6:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Hornsby Richard E. Hornsby, P.A.

I would hire an attorney to try and resolve this. Once you left without your PO's permission, even if it was for an altruistic reason, you violated probation. If your PO has already violated you, I would finish the rehab and then surrender yourself, as the violation has already occurred and a judge is more likely going to be impressed you finished rehab than if you left rehab early to turn yourself in on an already pending VOP.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/21, 10:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida