Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

What level of force can you use against an elderly person in Florida who assaults you (grabs, touches, or strikes)?

If I knock his hand away, he might fall, break a hip, and die. Assume that I'm on my own property and he's trespassing.

Asked on 9/06/18, 7:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

You have the right to meet force worth an equal amount of force. His frailty is a consideration the police would look at so if you don't go farther than he did, you should be fine. You should probably talk to an attorney to be safe.

Read more
Answered on 9/06/18, 7:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida