Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

nelson hearing

i am writing on behalf of my brother who recieved 25 years in prison. there has been a motion for new trial in the courts since june 1, 2005. i need to know how to go about filing for a nelson hearing. please help me.

Asked on 3/08/06, 9:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Valerie Masters Valerie Masters, P.A.

Re: nelson hearing

A Nelson hearing is ineffective assistance of You cannot proceed on such a motion until all other appeals are exhausted. Unless you have very good grounds, they are nearly never granted.

Read more
Answered on 3/08/06, 3:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida