Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

I paid a lawyer for my son's criminal case. My son bypassed the lawyer and sent a request for rehab to the state attorney. His lawyer dropped him with no representation and refuses a refund. Is that legal?

Asked on 4/30/20, 11:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Blecher Jonathan Blecher, P.A.

Much will depend on the retainer agreement and whether the fee is non-refundable. It may be legal, but is it ethical if the lawyer did less work on the case than the fee contemplated? Generally, the Florida Bar does not get involved in fee disputes so I suggest that you negotiate a settlement with the lawyer taking into account how much time he actually spent on the case.

Read more
Answered on 4/30/20, 11:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida