Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

I plead no consent to a petit theft charge and the disposition was withheld adjudication after I paid my court cost and,my fine. I paid everything in full but nothing has changed. I thonk the,company i paid my fine to didnt let the courts know i paid them. What do I do next?

Asked on 7/03/13, 11:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Justice The Justice Law Firm

In some cases (for example a theft from a retail store like walmart) the company sends a letter threatening action if a fine is not paid. This is totally different than the fees imposed by the court. If you paid the company directly the money paid does not have an impact on your criminal case (where the state is considered the aggrieved party). In general your court ordered fines must be paid to the clerk of court.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/13, 12:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida