Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

What I am on probation for is not the topic of discussion ,I just need some insight and guidance.I am currently on house arrest due to what I feel was a prejudice technical violation of my community control(only violation and it was given to me for arriving home late the day I completed my very last 12 hours of community service)since then I have completed all other terms of my probation except to pay my restitution and fees .Everytime I have the opportunity to work for a company that is willing to look beyond my record and hire my probation officer does get back to me to o.k me to leave my house to work.Since I have been on this I have been to hell and back and wanted to know if there was a way for me to either modify the probation so that I may be able to get a job to help my family considering my mother is bankrupt officially or to do the year in jail that was offered to me and take the conviction.My mother has helped me to speak with my probation officer but he is very disrepectful and thinks that his perception of the law is final.Any advice would greatly be appreciated.Thank you for reading this

Asked on 6/06/11, 11:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

You can hire an attorney to file a motion with the judge to "modify" your probation so that your probation officer limits their questioning of new employers. The worse that could happen is the judge says no. That said, all probation officers as well as the court want you to work so I don't understand why they are telling you not to, unless it was some condition of probation such as you can't work at a bar, or you can't work near children. You said what you are on probation for is not a topic of discussion, but it could be a reason that your probation officer is doing this because of the nature of your original charge. Best bet: talk to an attorney in your area that may have had dealings with this probation officer.

Read more
Answered on 6/07/11, 7:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida