Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

I was pulled over by a cop and he gave me a ticket for the unlawful act of posession of drug paraphernalia. Its my first offense. And I'm a college student aiming to become a physical therapist. I currently receive financial aid. And I do not want this on my record. How should I go about this. I have to appear on court 2 weeks from now.

Asked on 4/07/13, 9:53 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

Well the best thing to do is to fight this. While it may seem clear cut to you, often times a lawyer can find legal issues in order to keep evidence out and win a case. Also, an attorney can investigate other options to help keep this off your record. You should contact an attorney in your area.

Read more
Answered on 4/07/13, 10:50 am
Natalie Hall The Law Office of Natalie D. Hall, P.A.

You should speak with a local criminal defense attorney. There may be valid defenses. Furthermore, if you decide not to go to trial, an attorney can find the best resolution that will allow you to be able to expunge (destroy) your records after the case is resolved.

Natalie Hall, Esq

(407) 412-7035

Read more
Answered on 4/07/13, 11:49 am
Ryan Rooth Rooth Law Group, P.A.

Your question is a good one. Take the advice provided by the other attorneys and seek legal representation. Many young people fall into the legal trap and think the situation was no big deal until they lose out on a good job or career. Spend the money now and get an attorney to guide you through the process. The smallest error can create the biggest headache in your future. It is money well spent to protect your future earnings potential.

You could very well end up in a diversion program. Here is some general information about the diversion program.

An attorney can guide you and let you know your options and the best direction for you.

Read more
Answered on 4/08/13, 9:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida