Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

i was recently accused of assaulting another employee. i have sinced been cleared by video evidence and also the accuser changed her story at the last minute when investigated by the union and admin. the supervisor behind this incident has been forced to retire after only 11 years of service. i was not charged with any crime. i have asked for a copy of the letter with the false accusations, the statements from the employee stating i assaulted her and the video clearing me of the crime. admin and the union are ignoring my request. i have been asking for it for several months now. the employee still works in the building and i want to protect myself against any further trouble. how can i get this information that was used against me even though i wasnt charged? dont i still have a right to see it?

Asked on 5/16/11, 11:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

You are only "entitled" to see that information if your personal contract or collective bargaining agreement allows it, or if you were to sue one of the parties involved, then you may be able to subpoena that information. For more information you need to talk with an employment attorney of which I am not one.

Read more
Answered on 5/16/11, 11:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida