Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

I recently served alcohol to a minor. I checked the ID twice but couldn't see very well and apparently it seems I may have been incorrect. I understand that The state of Florida does offer mitigating benefits to servers who have been certified in the event of violations. What are these mitigating benefits?

Asked on 5/25/18, 11:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

I don't know if you got your answer at this point yet. I'm not sure exactly what you mean because there's no standard mitigating benefit. However if you are charged criminally, and you don't have a prior record, then you will probably be offered a diversion program so that you're not convicted of this. Because of the variables I strongly suggest you talk to an attorney in your area.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/18, 2:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida