Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

I was sentenced to 84 months doc in Florida and I have 2 years community control followed by 3 yrs felony probation with special conditions of within 15 days of release I have to get a evaluation for drug rehab and if deemed I need it 6 months to 1 year of Impatient program. I understand that my probation officer can make request for other things then the program. I am currently at a work release and working full time which my job wants me to stay with them and become their supervisor/leader of their maintenance team and I want to be with them also I have just enrolled for my benefits with them .. I also participated in a program before work release for 8 months . What I’m asking is can I put a motion to mitigate my probation to lower time such as 1 year community control and 2 yrs felony probation ran together and instead of the inpatient program I will do classes like as or na .. I feel if I have to go to a inpatient place for 6 months or a year it will push me back from the establishment I have worked for right now , it wouldn’t make sense to do that when I’m Established and am Excelling right now .. please help me understand or what can I do? Thanks for everything .... Thomas...

Asked on 10/11/19, 2:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

You can always ask however most judges don't like to alter their original sentence.

Read more
Answered on 10/14/19, 12:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida