Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

My son is 19 and his girlfriend is 16 can he be charged with a crime since the age of consent is 18 in fl. They lied to me about her age. Now although her parents love my son I feel we are in a tricky spot.

Asked on 7/10/14, 3:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Don Waggoner Don Waggoner Law, P.A.

No, he is okay, so long as there is no evidence she was 15 when they started. I also suggest you encourage your son to re-examine whether having sex with a girl this young is in his and her best interest. I have no problem with dating, but too many other problems can arise.

Read more
Answered on 7/10/14, 4:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida