Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

My son was recently prosecuted with a PRR in place and sentenced to 25 years with 10 year minimum mandatory. I understand that one of the ways to have gotten the PRR dropped was if the victim stated he did not want him prosecuted under it. According to my sons attorney before sentencing the victim was asked and he stated he didn't care that he just wanted it over with. I have spoken with the victim since and he stated that he was never asked and that had he been asked he would have told them to drop the PRR. He said he thought he would be called in to court for my sons sentencing and that he would have a chance to state his wishes. That didn't happen. He has agreed to write a statement to that effect to be sent in with a motion for modification of sentence. Will this be considered by the judge or are we headed down a dead end?

Asked on 9/25/13, 5:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

This isn't something an attorney unfamiliar with the case can answer. He has an attorney so this question should be directed towards them. In other words, no attorney on here can properly answer without knowing all the details like his attorney does.

Read more
Answered on 9/26/13, 6:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida