Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

how do we start the process of commutation of a sentence for my fiancÚ? he has been incarcerated for murder for the past 35 yrs. incarcerated since the age of 20 and he is not the person he was then. had a very bad childhood and his own father subjected him to drugs all of his early life. please if you can let us know what we can do , who to contact, anything! he is not a violent criminal and deserves to be with his family. when is enough, enough?

Asked on 7/07/13, 12:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

There are attorneys who can help with the pardon process, although it can be done on one's own without an attorney. The process takes 4-5 years though. You should call the Florida Bar referral service and they can find an attorney who handles these. There aren't many so good luck.

Read more
Answered on 7/07/13, 8:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida