Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

My stepfather has a prescription for Hydrocodone. When he took my truck to be fixed he left 2 of them in truck without my knowledge. Weeks later, I got pulled on traffic stop and charged with possession. Can I get out of this?

Asked on 8/10/14, 5:53 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

Yes, but you need an attorney to help you fight this.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/14, 1:44 pm
David Glicken The Glicken Law Firm

Based upon the facts as you have related them, it will be difficult to prove you had knowledge of the prescriptive medication. Although you have been arrested, the burden will be on the State Attorney's Office to prove the charge of possession of a controlled substance.

I would recommend you contact an attorney who has the experience in defending persons charged with a drug offense. There could also be an issue with your Driver's License since you have been charged with the drug offense while operating a motor vehicle. Please feel free to contact my Office should you have any additional questions.

Read more
Answered on 8/11/14, 2:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida