Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

I am the victim in a DV case. The judge ordered no contact. My husband and I have spoken frequently. I want the state to dismiss the charges and I've signed a non-prosecution form with the public defender. I was in no way coerced to drop the charges. I was advised the state may ask if I've spoken to my husband. I'm not going to commit perjury but I also dont want them to use the fact that we spoke against my husband. What can I say?

Asked on 3/19/19, 5:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

You're right you cannot lie to the prosecutor. I would suggest getting an attorney for yourself so that you're not accused of committing any crimes. Furthermore they may be able to help facilitate getting the case dismissed.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/19, 8:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida