Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

Violation of Probation

MY boyfriend is currently awaiting a hearing for Violation of Probation charges. We were in FL moved to GA, he was extradited back to FL. Boyfriend is HIV Positive. Is there laws to expedite hearing and avoid jail time for VOP.

PLease advise. Thank you.

Asked on 5/24/05, 3:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Valerie Masters Valerie Masters, P.A.

Re: Violation of Probation

its hard to answer your question becuase im missing a lot of facts. assuming this is a felony charge obviously he is being held no bond until he resolves his vop. he will be brought to court for a first appearance to be informed of the allegations. the state could make an offer right then and there. whether the offer is jail depends on what the charge was, what the violation was, what his history is, etc. since i dont know any of those details its hard to give you an answer. if he chooses not to accept the offer, then there will be a vop hearing in about 30 days where the state must prove the violation.if he wins he is released back on probation, if he looses the judge will sentence him. the judge can revoke the probation and sentence him to his guideline score, modify his probation to include some jail and more probation , or continue his probation with no further sanction. in palm beach if the violation is serious they revoke probation and sentence to guidelines. if you need a lawyer my service is on 24/7 at 561 659-9410 i dont know where the vop is you are discussing

Read more
Answered on 5/24/05, 3:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida