Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

Please Help

A few weeks ago a kid stole my bf's bike off of our porch. We know who he is, he is 17 adn our upstairs neighbor saw him take it. But we did not catch him. We filed a police report and gave them the car description and tag number. The next nite my bf and a friend were sitting outside and saw the car drive by. they followed them and cornered them in the car. His intent was to just scare the kid a bit So he asked the kid for his wallet and took out his id and gave the wallet back. My bf's basic point was that now he knew what it felt like for someone to know who he was and where he lived. So he got in the car, through the id out the window and came home. A little while later, he heard the police go by so he and the friend got in the car and went back to the scene. My bf was very honest and told them exactly what he did. The kid told the cops that my bf had a screwdriver, which he didn't, but of course when they search the vehicle, which is actually my bf's dad's car, they found a screwdriver. So they arrested him and charged him with robbery by sudden snatching with weapon.He had his arraignment and we are going to try to get an attorny but they have since amended the charge to robbery with a weapon. What should we do?

Asked on 5/20/05, 5:01 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

robert nudelman criminal defense associates

Re: Please Help

Robbery with a weapon is an extremely serious charge that could result in state prison, a strike and a felony record. You MUST get very good attorney immediately. Please call at (800) 313-9619 at once for a free consultation

Read more
Answered on 5/20/05, 5:54 am
W.F. ''Casey' Ebsary Law Office of W.F. Casey Ebsary, Jr.

Armed Robbery

Essentially, next to carjacking, this is one of the most serious offenses alleged in cases involving an occupied vehicle. An early approach to the prosecutor by counsel can be useful in avoiding overcharging by the Intake Attorney at the State Attorney's Office.

Although your boyfriend is lucky to have your help, your boyfriend needs to contact counsel directly.

Good Luck.

Please call me toll free 1-877-793-9290 to discuss how we can help.

W.F. Casey Ebsary, Jr.

Attorney and Counselor at Law

112 South Magnolia Avenue

Tampa, Florida 33606

813.222.2220 Voice

813.225.0202 Facsimile and Data

[email protected]


This is a privileged message from a law office. If you receive this message in error, please reply to [email protected] or call 813.222.2220 and destroy and do not distribute any copies of the attached message.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/05, 6:02 am
Valerie Masters Valerie Masters, P.A.

Re: Please Help

I think you are right, you need to hire an attorney in your jurisdiction. I practice in Southern Florida. Please feel free to contact my office 561-659-9410. Your boyfriend has really escalated the problem, by turning a stolen bike, into a felony. Hes in big trouble.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/05, 7:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida