Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

I wrote a bad check for $700.00. I was placed on PTI but I did not pay the monies back in the time I was supposed to because I just had a new baby (we have 3 kids) and my husband was laid off of work after 5 years with the company due to no work. I now have a court date. I'm wondering what to expect? I have never been in trouble before EVER! I took out a small loan to return to college so I now have half the monies to pay back. Were in the process of moving to VA as we both have job opportunities there as well as family that can help us financially. Will there be any way to transfer this case to VA? What should I expect at my court date? I have not even spoke to a public defender yet. Any info will help.

Asked on 8/08/10, 2:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

You can't just transfer a case to another state. However, you could get probation and with court permission, move to another state. Push to talk with your public defender to get more information.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/10, 8:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida