Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Florida

What steps should be taken in filing a suit when on 2 seperate occasions authorities either chose not to or did not submit a report after being called on a missing persons case because of prejidicial reasons, or taking it serious, or just plain out not doing their job, in which took them 2 weeks to even begin investigating and taking serious, in which has resulted in a cold case now, with no answers..and a cold case from the get go due to the lack of response by authorities.Does the family sue the police dept, county, state? On what grounds? And is there a statute of limitations on filing in such a suit as this? Thanx and God bless.

Asked on 10/14/13, 9:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

R. Jason de Groot R. Jason de Groot, P.A.

The first thing to do is go have a consultation with a local attorney. Set up a few consultations with attorneys in your area. Some might even give free consultations. When suing the government you have to give them notice 6 months before suit is filed. What are the damages? What was the natural and probable consequence of the action or inaction? There are many questions that an attorney will ask.

Read more
Answered on 10/15/13, 12:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Florida