Legal Question in DUI Law in Florida

Got a DUI from 2000 in FL that I need to take care of, but I live in a different state. Where do I begin?

Asked on 1/28/10, 7:12 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jennifer Jacobs Law Offices of Jennifer A. Jacobs, LLC

You can hire an attorney in the county where the DUI is pending. They may be able to handle the case on your behalf without you returning to Florida. I practice in Orlando and would be happy to discuss your case with you further.

Read more
Answered on 2/02/10, 1:48 pm
Charles Hart Charles C. Hart II, P.A.

You can hire an attorney where the DUI is pending; however, you need to consider getting someone to lift the warrant that has undoubtedly been issued for your arrest. Often that is the most tricky part of the whole case because you see some Assistant State Attorneys be unwilling to resolve the DUI until the warrant is lifted (sometimes requiring your return to Florida). Please feel free to contact my officer at (321) 363-4959.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/10, 5:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Florida