Legal Question in DUI Law in Florida

What happen if i move and dont want ti ho to cout

Asked on 10/14/14, 1:35 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joseph Vredevelt Best Vredevelt & Associates

You'll get a bench warrant. If it's a misdemeanor you won't necessarily get arrested on it but you definitely won't be able to renew any license or get a new out of state license. For a felony you will be arrested and then held for extradition for at least 14 days. Go to court and handle the case, it's your safest bet and your responsibility. You may not need to go if you hire an attorney. You may respond to this post if you have further questions.

Read more
Answered on 10/14/14, 1:41 pm
Joseph Justice The Justice Law Firm

They will issue a warrant for your arrest. If you move far enough away like multiple states they won't bother to bring you back, but you will be arrested and held anytime you come into contact with law enforcement until you resolve it. The warrant will not go away unless you resolve it. Eventually when you get old enough to collect social security it will be denied until you resolve the warrant. They can also charge you with an additional crime for failure to appear.

Read more
Answered on 10/14/14, 1:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Florida