Legal Question in DUI Law in Florida

My license was suspended in Kansas for DUI. I did the 1 yr. probation and moved to Florida. Here I installed the ignition interlock (which KS is requiring me to do for a yr). In Florida, I have to have a Fl license with interlock restriction within 30 days of the install. But KS will not lift the hold until I have had the interlock installed for the full year. This is not possible to comply with both KS and Fl. What do I do now?

Asked on 6/04/13, 6:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

What do you mean it's not possible. You install it, you report to KS that it's installed, and then you're good. The only difference between KS and Florida is that KS is requiring it first. So, put it on, let KS know, and you will be in compliance with both states.

Read more
Answered on 6/04/13, 9:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Florida