Legal Question in DUI Law in Florida

Pedestrian hit and run by drunk driver

My fiance was hit while riding his bike home from work. When he got home he reported the whole thing, not tag number because the driver ran. We called the officer today, and he told us that a man got drunk ( the night after the hit and run ) and attempted suicide, ended up backeracted, and confessed to hitting Mike that night, with a full description of the whole thing. The cop said the man's insurance is good, confessed to being drunk when he hit Mike, and has no license. What should our next move be?

Asked on 1/04/09, 11:09 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jason Turchin Accident Victims Rights Attorney Jason Turchin, Esq

Re: Pedestrian hit and run by drunk driver

It sounds like you may need an attorney to bring a claim against the guy. Most attorneys who handle these types of claims work on a contingency fee so you shouldn't have to pay them any money out of pocket unless they get something for your fiance.

If you have questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] or by phone at 800.655.4529.

Kind regards,

Jason Turchin

Read more
Answered on 1/05/09, 7:17 am
Aaron Slavin Slavin Law Firm, LLC

Re: Pedestrian hit and run by drunk driver

I agree with Mr. Turchin. You will need an experienced Personal Injury attorney to handle your fiance's case so he can be reimbursed for all of his medical expenses.

Mr. Turchin handles cases throughout the State of Florida and is very qualified in these types of cases.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 1/05/09, 9:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Florida