Legal Question in Education Law in Florida

I'm being charged double for my student loans. My previous lender sold sallie mae my loan twice. How do I challeng it?. The original loan was 30K, they sold it to Sallie Mae twice. Now I'm being charged over 60K with interest... by the time Im done paying it off. I would have paid 100k plus. How do I correct this problem. I contacted Sallie Mae and showed theme the receipt for my original loan, but they say I have to straighten it with my original lender. (who is not co-operating)

Asked on 2/06/10, 7:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA

Start with gathering the evidence ( papers dealing with the loan) and then making you phone calls, making sure you write down to whom you speak, what they said, and when. Prove to them the error. If this does not work, see a consumer lawyer in your area. For a consumer lawyer in your area, go to

Want to know the law? Sign up for our free newsletter on varies areas of the law by sending an email to [email protected] and requesting the newsletter, or go to

Read more
Answered on 2/12/10, 8:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in Florida