Legal Question in Education Law in Florida

i am the father of the 16 year old girl who wants to quit school, she has a learning problem, people make fun of her she comes home crying everyday or alot , i have cancer, broken back and raising my two daughters on my own , one 11, one 16, i have been to her school 6 times , called several more trying to get guidence involved , to get her in tutoring and any other help, not one person has made any effort, i have already talked with someone who will help her with her ged, when she lived with her mom she failed twice, since being with me she has no f-s at all until this year she needs help, but just saying guidence is a waste they are thinking of shuting down guidence because of the lack of work, so help,, our pictures were in the paoer along with our story monday two weeks ago front page , we were homeless , it is easy to answer without all the facts ,

Asked on 1/08/10, 3:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sarah Grosse Sarah Grosse, Esquire

I know an attorney in the Tampa Bay area who specializes in suing the school board for failing to make reasonable accomodations for children with learning disabilities. I will refer you to this attorney if you send me an email or call my office 727-471-3544.

Read more
Answered on 1/13/10, 7:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in Florida