Legal Question in Elder Law in Florida

Should I have myself added to my father's house deed?

Asked on 7/22/17, 9:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

You can't really add yourself unless your father signs a deed or grants you the power through a Power of Attorney. It is difficult to answer your question without knowing the facts. If your father is legally incompetent and unable to make decisions and hasn't granted you a Durable Power of Attorney to do so, then you won't be able to add yourself. If your father is legally competent and is doing estate planning, he should speak to an attorney about his different options.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/17, 1:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Florida