Legal Question in Elder Law in Florida

my father in law disinherited me his daughter in law and my daughter, his grand daughter can i contest and get something especially for my daughter

Asked on 11/30/15, 9:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

When you say disinherited, I assume you mean that he did not include you in the will or expressly wrote in his will that you are not to receive any gifts. It is his right to do that if he wishes. If your husband received an inheritance and he is deceased, it may be possible for your daughter to inherit, depending on how the will is written. The only other way to contest the will is that if he made a codicil (amendment) to the will, disinheriting you, AND that you can PROVE that he was coerced, under duress, incapacitated at the time or it was not executed properly.

Read more
Answered on 12/01/15, 3:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Florida