Legal Question in Elder Law in Florida

My father is a veteran with Dementia. My step mother has forbid myself or my brother to see our father whom is hospitalized or to receive any information about our fathers well being. Our step mother is in very poor mental and physical health and is being manipulated by her daughters. They want our father estate and all we want is to see our father. We have been unable to get any legal assistance. It was recommended we file a petition with the courts but we have no idea what type of petition or where to locate the forms. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Asked on 11/21/17, 9:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

File a Petition to remove her as Guardian due to her having poor mental and physical health. You will have to hire a Probate Attorney to litigate this for you. Please note, she may not be his Guardian and since he has Dementia she would have to file that in the Court. Therefore, she may not be able to stop yo from seeing your father. The home he is in or hospital should be able to help you with visitation.

Read more
Answered on 11/21/17, 10:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Florida