Legal Question in Elder Law in Florida

my mom has dementia not taking her meds properly or handling her finances do i have to have an attorney to file the proper cpourt papers need

Asked on 6/17/13, 11:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sanford M. Martin Sanford M. Martin, P.A.

If she has mental soundness to sign a DPOA, this is your best option. Many persons with

light dementia can execute DPOA giving another the legal right to make decision, handle

finances, etc. But if she has lack of mental capacity and a guardian must be appointed,

the guardian is appointed by a probate court. Her physician can advise you as to her

mental soundness.

Read more
Answered on 6/17/13, 1:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Florida