Legal Question in Elder Law in Florida

My mother in law is going to an assisted living facility due to dementia. Her SSI and pension will cover her cost with very little left over. What do I do about the credit card bills she has? She will no longer be able to pay these. She has no savings and she has no assets.

Asked on 2/13/11, 6:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Leon Ferraez Ferraez, LLC

Send them back to the card carrier along with an explanation, including the instruction to cancel the cards. However, in no way should you state that you, or anyone else will cover the cards.

Read more
Answered on 2/14/11, 7:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Florida