Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I am 17 and my exboyfriend just turned 19 and we had a baby, Is he supposed to be paying child support?

Asked on 5/08/13, 2:00 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure


Read more
Answered on 5/08/13, 2:16 pm

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

Yes. Age doesn't matter. If you make a baby, then you must submit to Florida's child support guidelines system to see if you must pay support. The answer isn't always easy, because who pays and how much they pay is based on income, cost of health care, cost of daycare, how many overnights each parent spends with the child, and many other factors.

Read more
Answered on 5/08/13, 2:19 pm
Natalie Hall The Law Office of Natalie D. Hall, P.A.

Child support is mandatory. If you have any information on his income an attorney can put together a child support proposal for his agreement. If you are lacking information then you need some assistance either from a private attorney or from the Department of Revenue Child Support enforcement to first seek to obtain information on his income from which the court can order child support.

Read more
Answered on 5/08/13, 4:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida