Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

1) I put my about to be ex-girlfriend on the deed to my house. She has no investment in the property and does not contribute to the upkeep or pay any of the bills. How do I get her off the deed.

2)Since she's on the deed how can I make her move out?

Asked on 6/11/13, 4:14 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Since she is on the deed, you will have to bring an action to quiet title unless she consents to execute a deed in your favor.

You can then also seek to evict.

Time is of the essence.

Read more
Answered on 6/11/13, 4:22 pm

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

Ask her to sign a quitclaim deed giving her interest in the house back to you (actually, you both would sign a quitclaim over to you). When that fails, offer to buy her out of the house. Once the deed is solely in your name again, ask her to leave and, if she refuses, file an action for ejectment (not eviction, because she isn't a paying tenant).

Read more
Answered on 6/11/13, 4:25 pm
John Smitten Carey and Leisure

By adding her name to the property you just gave her half ownership of your house.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/13, 3:31 am
Carolyn Jones Law Office of Carolyn R. Jones

Unfortunately when you added her name to the property you gave her half ownership to the house.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/13, 6:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida