Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I have had 2 restraining orders filed against me since 2003 and 2005 in Fl. They were both bogus but I never got the chance to speak. No violence or domestic charges were ever recorded and my local sheriff dept has a clean record on me for over 30 years there. Both were stated for protection against me. ! is for the mother of my children and 1 is for a woman business partner I had. The 1st had me removed from my home the 2nd didn't want to pay me money owed to me. Good reasons for them, bad for me. I since live in NC and have bygones be just that. My sons are now 23 and 17 soon to be 18. I have left my past and am a very careing Dad. The 22 year old has lived with me since 14 and is still with me. The other can't wait to leave his mother and be with me also. I just want to go on with my life and these orders are a haunting background. I never had any arrest records, I am 100% disabled combat marine veteran and don't need these orders following me forever. Hope to hear from you, Martin. [email protected] if needed. Thank you in advance.

Asked on 5/16/13, 7:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

You have to petition the court to have these records sealed and/or expunged.

Read more
Answered on 5/16/13, 11:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida