Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I was 18 year old had a baby he dad got kill at work I need help so I ask baby grandpa he said he would help need to gave her right so he come do the thing he need to do grandpa gets sick baby go to grandma not back to he mom it has been 8 year and grandma will not let me have anything to do what my son or same she ever he got a Estate for 1.500

thank you I need help

Asked on 11/10/11, 12:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

YOu were 18 when you had a child. the father died. YOu did not marry the father? Whose name is on birth certificate? If you named the father, then the father would have right to estate assets under a trust. Since you are the mother, what happened that you did not see your child for 8 years? Where were you. The grandmother has no right to the child except that she will challenge you in court for custody. Until then, I suggest you go get the child as there are no court papers to keep this child from you.

Read more
Answered on 11/10/11, 1:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida