Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

After 18 years of married I m filling for divorce. My husband had a over the sea account witch I dont have much knowledge of it. This account was an existing acciunt prior married but under my understand he closed it and reopen it 9 years after the marriage. Do I have any right over this money even do my name is not in it?

Asked on 9/02/12, 4:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elliot Goldstein Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein

When he closed it, the money from that account might have been non-marital. However, when he opened up a new account, I would argue that was marital, since it was opened during the marriage. Even with the original account, if he was making deposits with marital funds, you could argue that much of that money was marital.

If you opt to proceed without the assistance of counsel, be aware that you will not be entitled to a “do over” if things go badly.

The above information is provided without any consideration/payment having been received, and without full knowledge of all of the facts.

An internet inquiry is no substitution for an in-office consultation with an attorney.

Contact me to schedule a no obligation office consultation.

Sincerely, Elliot Goldstein

Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein, P.A.

1587 Main St., Ste. C

Dunedin, FL 34698

Tele. No.: 727/455-6596

Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein, P.A.

550 N. Reo St. Ste. 300

Tampa, FL 33609

Tele. No.: 813/810-1500

Read more
Answered on 9/02/12, 5:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida