Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My 91 yr old Mom has dementia for about a year now and I am taking care of her also with some outside help. I am the 3rd eldest of her 8 children and moved in with her 10 yrs ago when she moved back to Fl. The oldest child how is 71 with a lot of medical problems says he is going to kidnap her. He can barely walk himself,has some brain damage and PTSD and can't care for her. The next in line lives in N.Y. and visits a few times a year. Both younger sister are nurses one lives here and the other in Virginia. Can any of my siblings just come in and take my mother away from her home to another state. Do I have any rights? I don't think it's in her best interest to move. Please help. Thank You

Asked on 5/14/20, 9:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

You can seek to be appointed her guardian. Retain an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/20, 12:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida